NEW 2017 Lamborghini Huracan Performante – First Look
The new 2018 Lamborghini Huracan Performante (for USA) – First Look, Interior and Exterior.
– Active aerodynamics “Aerodinamica Lamborghini Attiva” (ALA) providing ultimate road and track performance
– Nürburgring Nordschleife lap in 6:52.01 min
– Forged carbon fiber technology contributing to 40 kg weight reduction and innovative technical solutions
– 5.2 l V10 aspirated engine with higher torque and power output of 640 hp
– Acceleration 0-100 km/h in 2.9 seconds and top speed of more than 325 km/h
– The highest performance and achievements on track reflected in its name: Huracán Performante
The enhanced naturally aspirated Huracán engine is the most powerful V10 produced to date by Lamborghini. Outputting 640 hp (470 kW) at 8,000 rpm and producing 600 Nm of torque at 6,500 rpm, it is distinguished by a new bronze manifold that draws on the heritage of previous special edition engines such as the Diablo 30th Anniversary power plant.
The Performante’s new powertrain draws on sophisticated technologies including developments from Lamborghini’s motorsports program. Engine fluid dynamics for both intake and exhaust have been optimized, as has the V10’s air intake system with reduced loss improving responsiveness. New titanium valves allow higher valve lifts to increase engine permeability and performance.
The exhaust system has been redesigned to achieve weight reduction and less back pressure. The exhaust pipes, positioned at a higher and more central position, deliver a more aggressive sound in high performance use, resonant of motor racing.
The car’s powerful engine produces an optimized torque curve, with more than 70% of torque already available at 1,000 rpm. Reflecting this, Lamborghini’s seven-speed dual clutch transmission has been also optimized in order to match the increased performance.
The Performante’s dry weight is just 1,382 kg, giving a weight to power ratio of 2.16 kg. Weight distribution front and rear is 43/57 %. Accelerating from 0-100 km/h in 2.9 seconds, the Huracán Performante is propelled from 0 to 200 km/h in 8.9 seconds, and brakes from 100-0 km/h in 31 m.
The Huracán Performante’s suspension system has been revised, reflecting the Performante’s purpose as a track and performance-oriented car. The suspension has been vertically stiffened by 10% over the Huracán coupé, via both springs and bars, and roll stiffness improved by 15%. The stiffness of the radial and axial arm bushings has been improved by 50%, significantly enhancing lateral control of the car.
The double wishbone system, front and rear, features passive dampers with optional magneto rheological suspension. Both systems, passive and active suspension, are designed to improve body and wheel control especially on track.
Electromechanical power steering is offered as standard with optional variable ratio Lamborghini Dynamic Steering (LDS). Both the Huracán Performante’s electronic power steering and LDS have been significantly recalibrated to provide highly responsive steering with maximum driver feedback in all three driver modes: Strada, Sport and Corsa. In Corsa mode, designed for high performance and track environments, the steering offers a racing feeling with a significantly reduced steering ratio variation.
The permanent four-wheel drive system is tuned to maximize traction in all situations, working in conjunction with the ALA system and exploiting the new P Zero Corsa tires. ESC has been calibrated to smooth intervention and be less intrusive.
Lamborghini’s ANIMA system, controlling driver modes that customize the set-up of all the car’s systems, has also been revised to enhance the driving experience in each of the modes: Strada, Sport and Corsa. In Strada, traction and stability are prioritized. Sport offers a more rear-wheel drive orientation, with oversteer behavior and easier drifting. The Corsa driving mode is focused on top performance and handling to maximise results on track.
The Huracán Performante adopts Aerodinamica Lamborghini Attiva (ALA): ALA is also the Italian word for wing. This patented active aerodynamic system developed by Lamborghini for the Huracán Performante provides an active variation of aero load for high down force or low drag.
The system is completely integrated into the vehicle in terms of design, weight and performance. The front spoiler integrates the electric motor of the front ALA system, built in a carbon forged frame with active flaps on the top exterior surface. The rear bonnet is designed around the air ducts to the rear wing as well as the wing pylons.
- Would I Buy An Audi RS5?
- World Premiere of the new Audi RS 5 Sportback
- CarVideoNewsUSA K
- Volvo V90 as a police car
- Volkswagen Touareg comfort systems
- Volkswagen Showcar I.D. Driving in Los Angeles Downtown
- Volkswagen I.D. Showcar Exterior Design Trailer
- Volkswagen Golf GTI TCR
- Vision Mercedes-Maybach Six Cabriolet – Trailer
- Valentino Rossi drives the Ferrari 488 Pista
- Toyota Yaris AP4 – Australian Rally Championship (ARC)
- Toyota Land Cruiser Driving Event in Namibia – Preparations
- Toyota GT86 Exterior Design
- Toyota FT-4X Concept Preview
- Torqeedo integrates BMW i3 high-capacity battery into electric propulsion system for boats
- Top 10 SUPERCARS – 2018